Criminal Justice is a challenging, exciting and rewarding career. The 4-year Criminal Justice major will prepare you for the profession, help you advance if you’re already in it, and/or also prepare you for graduate school. Among the areas covered by the Forensic Investigations concentration are:
– analyzing crime scenes to determine evidence to be collected
– taking photographs of the crime scene and evidence
– creating records of observations and findings
– learning to collect evidence, including weapons, fingerprints, and bodily fluids
– learning to catalog and preserve evidence for transfer to crime labs
– reconstructing crime scenes.
The greatest strength of the criminal justice program at Mercy College is the academic and professional diversity of the faculty, which includes attorneys, law enforcement officers, forensic and crime scene specialists, and other professionals who have hands-on experience in the criminal justice system in the metropolitan area.